Have You Been Accused Of Assault
An assault charge is a serious legal matter that must be handled with care. If you have been accused of committing assault in Minnesota, you face severe potential consequences, including probation and even time in prison. You could also face repercussions in your personal and professional life.
At Kennedy & Kennedy Law Office, we know how to defend against criminal charges and we know how to win. Our Mankato defense lawyers are here to guide you through the legal process and fight for your rights every step of the way.
Our lawyers can defend you against any type of assault charge, including:
- First-degree assault: The most serious assault charge, typically involving great bodily harm to the alleged victim.
- Second-degree assault: Assault with a dangerous weapon. The weapon does not have to be a gun or a knife. It could be a baseball bat or another item used as a weapon.
- Third-degree assault: Assaulting a minor or an assault resulting in substantial bodily harm.
- Fourth-degree assault: Includes assault against police officers, parole officers, firefighters and personnel in similar positions. Also includes assault based on protected characteristics such as race and religion.
- Fifth-degree assault: Even an unsuccessful attempt at causing harm can be charged as a fifth-degree assault.
Regardless of what kind of assault charge you face, it is important to talk to an experienced criminal defense lawyer as soon as possible. The consequences of a conviction could haunt you for life. We explore all viable defense strategies, which may include arguing self-defense or that a defendant is falsely accused. Our goal is protecting your rights and your future.
Call Us For The Legal Help You Need
If you have been accused of assault, battery or any violent act, we are here for you. For a free and confidential consultation with an experienced criminal defense attorney, call 507-550-1519 or fill out our online contact form.