Find Relief Without Losing Everything
For many people who are excellent candidates for bankruptcy relief, there is one fear – largely unfounded – that keeps them from learning their legal options: “I don’t want to lose everything.”
With the experienced Mankato attorneys of Kennedy & Kennedy Law Office guiding you, the goal of keeping your car and house may be within reach. Too many people have the misconception that filing for bankruptcy means surrendering all their worldly possessions to creditors. In many cases, however, people can successfully reorganize and discharge medical bills, credit card balances and other eligible debts while keeping necessary or otherwise important assets.
Our Minnesota bankruptcy firm is here to clear up the confusion, take away the fear and help you get the debt relief you need.
What Are My Options?
We can determine the best strategy for you once we have several key pieces of information, including:
- Your total debt load, as well as the types of debt you have
- Your total financial resources (e.g., income)
- Your possessions that could be subject to surrender
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy may be the best way to help you achieve debt relief while keeping your car. If you own your car, are overwhelmed with debt and do not have the resources to pursue Chapter 13, we can use exemptions that allow you to keep a car from being included in a liquidation of assets.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy may be right for you if you are behind on your house or car payments but have the ability to get caught up with some help. Because Chapter 13 involves reorganizing debts and paying off a portion of them over three to five years, you will have the opportunity to get on solid financial footing, keep your possessions and know that your debts will be discharged at the end of your payment plan.
Filing for bankruptcy can also help you keep more of your paycheck. When you file for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13, you can stop the garnishment of your wages as well as end creditor harassment.
Begin Planning Your Financial Future Now
Our lawyers welcome the opportunity to learn more about your situation – and how we can help you – in a free and confidential consultation. Call our Mankato office at 507-550-1519 or send an email.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.